Today was Evelyn's first birthday and I can't believe the time has gone by so fast! She has changed so much over the year and has learned so much. She is only saying mama and dada so far, but she is walking all over the place (although still a little unsteady). My baby is disappearing fast and she is becoming a little girl. We had a fun party today with Andrew's family here in Arizona and Elly got lots of fun toys like a drum set, blocks, a dolly, books, a hammer (why not!?) and a pig rug! Mommy and Daddy got her a dolly stroller and a teddy bear to go in it. Elly was a little afraid of the pig rug and the bear b/c they were a bit bigger than her, but she got used to them. It was so fun to celebrate this first birthday. I don't think Elly had a clue what was going on, but she enjoyed herself.

Elly takes after her mommy and her two favorite toys are stuffed pigs! So what could I do, but make her a pig cake?? You can see she didn't even hesitate. I wanted to get just one picture of her with the cake before she destroyed it. She actually didn't eat very much b/c it was very sweet for her. Elly also started drinking "big girl milk" as we call it. It was a big day all the way around!

9 comments:
Wow, she is so cute and so big! Aren't girls the best?
Happy Birthday Elly! Can't wait to see you soon! :)
Happy Birthday! What a cute little girl!
Happy Birthday Elly! I can't believe she is one already.
cute new blog facelift. and happy birthday to Elly! can't wait to see her again. she will be talking full sentences and running all over the place, with her hundreds of other cousins, by then. fun!
That first birthday comes so fast, huh? She is too cute and it looks like you had a fun day!
Isn't it amazing how fast that first year goes. And the bad news is that it seems to go even faster after that. I love the cake. So cute!
Happy Birthday Elly! She grew fast huh? Its like she was born yesterday huh? What a cutie I Love the pig cake did you make that? I gota get some tips from you! THat is so cool she is walking too good job Elly!:)
Happy birthday little Elly! She is looking so grown up. Great job on the pig cake. I am very impressed!
Post a Comment