Saturday, August 29, 2009

a GRATEful day

I've been indulging my urge to feel sorry for myself lately over a few different things. Thinking about what "isn't fair" or what I might not ever have, has easily occupied the majority of my thoughts over the past couple months, but today I am overflowing with thankfulness. I've been reminded today, that what I do have is PRECIOUS.

Exhibit A: My children

These two gems are what I dreamed of when I imagined my perfect little family. They are magnificent. They are inspiring. They are proof that God loves me.

This is Elly "SsGuss" (or stuck in grown-up talk) in her jammies. She flashes those beautiful brown eyes at me with her brilliant smile and the combination dazzles me. Her ability to forgive and love blows me away. She is teaching me how to be a better person.


Owen is quite assuredly the happiest baby on the planet. He gazes at me like I'm the only person who matters in the whole world. I melt. He is truly pure and heaven-sent. I never knew a little boy could be this wonderful.

Exhibit B: My Husband

Here he is proving why he deserves to be father of the year. He is the kindest and most loving father. No one shows our children compassion the way he does. He is the reason our children are wonderful. They possess all his qualities of love and gentleness. He is a GOOD man. He is MY man and I couldn't feel luckier. He's my handsome companion and I get to keep him forever. I'm grinning just thinking about it.

I agree with Glinda, "I couldn't feel luckier. Thank goodness for today."

2 comments:

S+S said...

very cute post. I feel the same about my fam.

Charlene said...

It is so hard to think positive thoughts as we go through our trials, but children are truly a blessing from above :)