Thursday, September 10, 2009

Hood 2 Coast #2

I thought he was crazy for doing it once, but now he has done it twice! Andrew ran in the Hood 2 Coast race again this year in Oregon. He loves doing it and really I'm proud of him...it's not easy! They run LONG legs as a relay team from Mt. Hood all the way to the Coast (hence the name) and it lasts more than 24 hours!

Here is Andrew with his friends Ben and Chris. They all served missions in Poland together and coincidentally, Ben was in my freshman ward at BYU and Chris' sister Katie was my roommate in college. Funny how small the world is! Andrew loves getting to see these guys!
Here he is working hard! Look at that running technique. :)
Here is his whole team. Chris' family makes up a large majority, but they welcomed many friends to join! Andrew thinks I should do it next year...I told him I would sit on the beach and wait for him at the finish line.

3 comments:

Burke family said...

Yep, I'm with you Amy. I'll hang out at the beach while they run. :)

Mikael said...

my dad used to always do that, it seems crazy! I dont run for fun, so to anyone who does they are amazing

lrbodine said...

My dad ran it this year with the Betteridge clan. It sounds like a tough experience!