Monday, September 21, 2009

Beuhl LaMar Williams aka "Abuelo"

Abuelo passed away this morning at about 2:00 am. He is survived by a loving wife, four children, 17 grandchildren and 25+ great-grandchildren. We who are left behind are so sad to see him go, but we are grateful for our faith in Jesus Christ which tells us we will see him again soon. We also know he is with is parents and siblings, some of which he never really knew, so we are happy for him to have that reunion.

Abuelo was the gentlest man I have ever known. He always had a kind word and a kiss for me and made me so happy just being with him. While he was a quiet man, he had a quick wit and would surprise me often with little jokes and funny things he would pick up in conversation. I was amazed by how, content to be in the background, he had a huge impact on all of us. He had so many talents and learned to play the piano by ear. He was always sharing music with us and as kids would lead us in an annual Christmas chime playing concert. He truly had a full life and succeeded at what was most important: he created and nurtured a wonderful family who will now uphold his name the best we can.

I have so many great memories of him that I will keep with me always. Hopefully that will help me to miss him less. I was so lucky to know him, to call him my “Abuelo”.

I love you Abuelo.
(picture taken in 2007...MANY more members since then :) )

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Thank you for your tribute, Amy. I am having such a hard time knowing how to feel with how hard life has been for him for so long, but still thinking of him as our wonderful Abuelo who was such a loving grandfather. Thank you for reminding me of all the siblings he has that he finally gets to meet! I was recently reading the book that he and Abuela wrote, and he was such a miracle child! We are all products of that miracle, and I'm so proud to be a member of the Williams family.

{Katie} said...

I'm so sorry to hear that, Amy! I will keep your family in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

(*)

S+S said...

I met him once and that is exactly how I would describe him--gentle. Sorry to hear he passed away.