Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Saying Goodbye

We said goodbye to Abuelo last Saturday through the nicest memorial service I have ever attended. Abuelo is the closest person to me to pass away so I was probably more personally invested than I have been before, but I think those non-biased attendees would agree with me. My Dad and his brother spoke at the funeral and my Dad dedicated the grave. The service was so well attended they had to open the overflow of the chapel just to accommodate everyone. Abuelo left a lasting impression on so so many people.
The nicest part about attending the funeral was seeing family. Here is Abuela with her kids from left to right: Ron (Dad), Larry, Chris, Patty.
My parents with three of the four grandchildren born in the last nine months or so. That makes eight total and two very happy grandparents!
My sisters and I with our respective babies. Erin (Bryce), Janae (Annabelle), Me (Owen).
We had six babies with us on my Dad's side of the family. We affectionately refer to this clan as the "2009'ers". There is one more on the way in November too!
Owen and I were the only Bangs able to attend. We actually had a MILLION things going on this weekend including MOVING! We took care of everything but furniture before-hand and then Andrew spear-headed the Saturday move. We had lots of help too so THANK YOU to all of you that flexed your muscles on our behalf. The rest of the commitments we had simply had to wait. It's amazing how much we think we HAVE to do and then when it really comes down to it, most things we can do without.

5 comments:

lrbodine said...

You and your sisters all look so good and I love the pictures of the babies!

Krystal said...

awww cute babies!

Burke family said...

I love the picture with all of the babies... soooo cute!

Liesel said...

Hey! It was good to see you guys briefly in Ca. The camera that I use is a digital SLR. It's the Pentax *istD. It's on the lower end of niceness on the digital SLR spectrum, but it works well for beginners and is a lot less expensive. If it's in your budget a Nikon or Cannon are really nice. I'm trying to save up for one of those. New ones run around $1000

hairprincess said...

Wow I cannot believe how much we are in the same boat! I am so sorry to hear about your abuela, glad you were able to make it to the funeral, its hard when family passes away but nice to know we will meet again and that they are out of any sort of pains they were in here! Moving is a pain too, we did that in like two days too, what a crazy time huh?! And all the babies too, that is so funny we are like the same!:)