Monday, May 4, 2009

Decision Update

People have been asking me what I've decided about the c-section vs. a VBAC and I've decided to go for the VBAC. Yep, we're going for it! :) I should be a great candidate and the only thing worrying me before (the size of this baby) is not such a concern anymore b/c I really don't think he's as big as his sister. We're having an ultrasound on Thursday to get some good measurements and unless they tell me he is GINORMO (yes, it's a word...sound it out), then VBAC it is.

We have done a lot of research and talked to many doctors in the field and all of that tells us there's no reason we shouldn't try for a VBAC. But it really comes down to that Andrew and I have prayed about it and we feel that it's the right thing for our family.

So there it is: wish me luck! :)

3 comments:

lrbodine said...

Good luck! Hope this little guy isn't too big and everything goes well.

Krystal said...

way cool! hope it goes well! it must be exciting to (hopefully) be able to experience childbirth in a different way :)

S+S said...

I had a successful vbac. It's a good decision. So much easier to heal from a vaginal delivery.