I love that Nellie Furtado song. She was great when she first came out and before she got, what’s the word…hootchie? I really didn’t want to use that one, but it’s the only thing I can come up with. She used to sing about birds and now she sings about getting some, so what can I say? This is a big digression before I even begin…back on topic:
I’m like a bird in a different way. My nesting instinct is in full effect! I’m a pretty clean person (not always neat, but clean) and so dishes and general pick up are part of my daily routine, but I’m not one to clean bathrooms in the middle of the week or mop on a super regular basis. Well that is ALL CHANGING! My house is now thanking me (my body is not) for the following:
1. All baseboards cleaned (including staircase)
2. All walls touch-up painted
3. All bathroom floors hand-scrubbed (this was unintentional, but when I was cleaning the baseboards I was already down there and could see much clearer the condition of the floors…ewww..
4. Carpet spot cleaned which actually worked against me. I ended up with “clean” spots where the dirty spots were (appalling I know) and so now all the carpet has been professionally cleaned (thank you to my mother-in-law for that present!!). I have been walking around on my tip toes since!
5. All blinds dusted (please tell me you don’t do this every week!?!?!)
6. All windows cleaned inside and out (thanks to my hubby for the screen removal and exterior washing…he is LOVING my nesting stage…haha)
7. I have also made a meal menu and made a shopping list to correspond with it. (which I followed-thru on…tonight is bbq beef sandwiches!) This is way above and beyond for me. I probably shouldn’t admit that our daily evening conversation usually consists of “what should we make for dinner? I don’t know, but it’s 6:30 so we better think of something. The kid looks ravenous.”
8. Let’s just saying I’m wiping down every surface, not letting a single piece of clutter accumulate and manically picking up after myself and my family…I can’t stop myself! Andrew is stepping up too and doing a lot of extra cooking, cleaning, carrying and diaper changing as well. He’s the best!
My house is still not perfect (there’s a lot more to do!) so if you stop by, know in advance that I’m still not a bed-maker. I wonder when that one will kick in… I have new projects every day though like tonight I am washing the bathroom rugs and doing the baby’s laundry.
I hope you are not all reading this thinking “Wow, Amy, these are things I do all the time. Your home must have been super gross before!” That’s why I’m not posting before or after pictures. I just want you to imagine a nice sparkly place where we dance around on our tip toes. I am more than 38 weeks pregnant so I hope this is a fun visual for you. I might add a picture later tonight if I’m feeling “slim” and if I remember…
4 comments:
I'm thinking "Wow, Amy, what is wrong with me??" I don't do half of that stuff! Sounds like your house is sparkling and ready!
i love that nesting period! now that i have more energy and am 60 lbs lighter w/o a baby inside me i cant get half of what i got done pregnant! good luck with the baby!!
thats some awesome nesting! the biggest challenge is when youre all ready and the baby comes, then it all gets undone and you dont have the energy to re clean yet in your mind, you still want to see it clean! :D good luck!
Love the nesting stage! I am the same way and my house is super clean by the time the baby gets here... too bad it doesn't last!! You have been busy... send some of that nesting my way... without the being pregnant part!! :)
Post a Comment