Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Mission: Regain Mental Sanity aka Utah Trip

I have been super crazy busy lately and had reached my capacity to mentally bear it any more, so when Andrew announced his plans for a trip to Idaho to see the NCAA Tournament with a good friend, I announced my intention for a vacation as well! I loaded up Elly and we headed to Utah to visit my sisters. Even though the flight over almost landed me in the loony bin (I was not prepared for 45 extra minutes on the runway for a medical emergency or for my dvd player to fail me or for Elly to learn that she LOVES kicking seats), we made it there with both our lives and had a great visit. The picture below is where we took the kids to the firestation to see Elephants and Tigers. Okay, we saw police and firetrucks...I didn't want to state the obvious. The kids had a great time until the genius police officer decided to blare her siren, not once, but TWICE. It was so loud that most of the kids were never the same.
We also visited Mrs. May's Kindergarten classroom. Two year old Nathan loved dumping out the crayons and Elly loved chewing on the pencils. That's what most kindergartener's do anyway right? They sound ready to me.
Can you tell what is unique about the picture below? Yes, these are my sisters and yes, they are both much taller than me. That's not creative....you'll have to do better. We are all 3 pregnant! That's right. Some people asked if we planned this and to them I say "Yes", but stupid questions get stupid answers. Of course we did NOT plan this, but it is pretty interesting that the oldest (Erin) is having her 3rd, the second (Me) is having my 2nd and the youngest (Janae) is having her first. Both Erin and Janae are due in the middle of August so that's why they both look shamefully tiny in this picture while I look pleasantly plump. Once in a lifetime occurrence right? We'll see....I think we may be starting a baby factory.

12 comments:

Andrea said...

I love it! And it's only a month overdue! ;) j/k... What a fun trip! Mission accomplished?

Uffens Family said...

Well another thing you all have in common...you all look SO CUTE pregnant! Must be a Wiliams trait :)I know you are having a boy, but what about everyone else??
Excited for you and understand the need for vacation! Looks like so much fun!

lrbodine said...

That's so fun that all three of you are pregnant at the same time! I just need my brothers to get married if I want any hope of my kids having cousins close in age.

Franna and Jon Larsen said...

You three are so dang adorable!!! You should be pregnant models!!!

The Burnah Clan said...

You look so cute, Amy.

Mikael said...

I don't have a sister, but I wish I did. And if I had a sister I would want to be prego together! You are SOO lucky! how fun :) And more fun for the cousins to have friends, that is awesome.
you look so cute. don't go to the loony bin YET.... you have about 2-3 more kids before they will accept you

Carrie said...

Great post! How fun to get all three prego sisters together. You guys are all so cute. Sorry to hear about the disaster on the plane. I HATE flying by myself with Isaac. I feel your pain! Glad you survived.

Cody and Liesel said...

Amy, your so funny. You totally made me laugh with this post:)

Krystal said...

me and one of my sisters are pregnant but i havent seen her since november and havent had an opportunity for a picture with her. looks like a great trip! i wish my family was that close!

Alayna said...

It looks like so much fun! My sister and I were pregnant at the same time with our first. But we were only together right after I found out, and she hadn't told anyone yet. Our kids were born only 6 days apart, but didn't meet until about 6 months later.
It is fun that they are so close in age though! Lucky you to have THREE of you expecting at the same time!

Burke family said...

You gotta love flying with little ones, huh? Sounds like you had fun, but we missed you in Idaho. You and I could have had fun doing baby stuff while the boys watched basketball... and for a break, played basketball games on the xbox. Too funny! Chris loved having Bang come.

John, Mica, Jackson, Grace, Kai, and Lucy said...

Isn't it fun being pregnant with family! That is too funny! You look great girl!