These pictures are borrowed from our friends Chris and Katie, but I don't have any of my own and wanted to blog about this. On August 22 and 23, Andrew was part of a relay team that ran from Mt. Hood to the Seaside coast of Oregon. The Hood to Coast relay is a huge event with thousands of people and this was Andrew's first competitive race. This is Andrew's team below: each participant ran about 3 legs of the race at an average of 6 miles each leg. That means Andrew ran about 18 miles! This is the farthest Andrew has ever run and he trained really hard to be ready. He said it was difficult and a little scary when he had to run through downtown Portland at 2am, but he had a GREAT time and was very proud of the accomplishment. Elly and I are just happy to have him back in one piece!
3 comments:
How cool that he did that! Good for Andrew! I'll bet it was neat to be involved in a race like that.
wow, that's really cool. It's so neat to be a part of something like that.
I have heard of that race before and it sounds really fun. Tell them to give me a call next year if they need another team member!
Post a Comment