Thursday, September 25, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I am way overdue in writing about my trip home to WA the first weekend in September. It was such a nice trip, but always too short. I can't wait for Christmas when we have a nice long visit planned. I can't say enough that it was BEAUTIFUL weather and we took every opportunity to be outside. Elly even learned to love walking on the grass (thanks Grandpa!). Here she is with my mom at the UP Golf Course. It overlooks the Puget Sound and is so beautiful. There is a 3+ mile walk around the course that is very popular for walkers, joggers, dogs, etc. We went walking around it twice, but never did the whole 3 miles....do you think we're crazy? (There are big hills involved.) I have to also say that Elly warmed up to her Grandparents and Aunt/Uncle and Cousin super fast. She was very sad to leave them! She cried one night when my dad left for a meeting and she cried when Uncle Jon said goodbye! ahhhhhhh....
Here Grandpa is getting Elly used to the grass. At first she wanted nothing to do with it, but then I think she wanted to be a little like her cousin Logan and do everything he did! Elly also loves these sunglasses. She wasn't wearing them too long this day, but usually she leaves them on for a long time!
Uncle Jon and Aunt Angela got Elly this Huskie cheerleader outfit for her birthday. Cute huh!?!?! (Can you say "Halloween Costume"?) She looked SO CUTE and of course since we are from western WA, it has to be HUSKIES! I'm a little torn, but the hometown pride in me says it's okay this isn't a BYU outfit. :)
Jon and I took cousin Logan and Elly to the zoo while we were there (another OUTDOOR activity...can you tell I live in Phoenix?) on Monday. (Thanks for hanging out with us guys!) They had a great time and Logan especially was very interested in all the animals. He is SUCH A cutie!! He can say anything you ask him to and he also says "I toot! I toot again!" that was a crack up! When we saw the tiger it stared at Logan the WHOLE time we stood there. We think he was thinking what a tasty little snack Logan would make!
I also got to see some of my dearest dearest friends while I was home. That is always so nice too! Thank you to Katie (my roomie from college) and Brett who drove down from Everett to see me! That was so nice to see you guys! I also got to have lunch with my best friends from high school: Sam, Liane, Josh and Peter. We had lunch OUTSIDE (of course!) and we spent 4 hours on the water catching up and having a ball! The girls carried the day on into the evening....so nice! Here is a picture of Me, Sam and Liane.
This trip just made me wish Christmas time would come sooner. I realize the weather won't be so spectacular, but the people still will be and that's what counts right?

8 comments:

samandpeteVDP said...

hey there! we certainly did have such great weather didn't we!? You should know that Pete and I went back to The Ram 2 more times before we left! We just couldn't get enough of that sunshine and water!! Only a couple months until x-mas! Can't wait! :)

The Burnah Clan said...

I didn't even know Elly was walking! Cute! They grow so fast. At least the Huskies got their colors right...

Charlene said...

What an awesome vacation. Washington is so beautiful. My aunt lives in Renton. She was visiting this summer and her granddaughter asked why we all had rocks in our yards and no grass. I thought that was hilarious!

AlexisTexas said...

girl! let me know when you guys come again! i know, it's hard to fit everything in when you take a trip home...plus adding a baby schedule to that...but I would love to see you next time if you have a minute to do lunch or whatever. i am disappointed in the husky fever you are encouraging-only bc we were roomies at byu! ha...we were all sporting byu gear at the husky/y game-but it's not MY hometown so i am not that torn...yet. ha...
glad to see you guys had fun-elly is such a doll. gorgeous like her parents!
glad to see all is well. say hi to my hometown for me! haha...

Brandi Jo said...

How fun! That is great that you got to spend that time with your family! Washington is one of the places we might end up. Crazy... but we have list of like 8 different places! We still won't know for about 6 more weeks or so. I am glad you had such a great time!

hairprincess said...

Glad you had a fun trip I LOVE that little cheer outfit and its OK that its not BYU (a good thing in fact) haha:)

Nicole said...

fBLOG like your family depends on it because in fact it does! TAG your it! Please visit my blog and post on your blog. Then tag all your blogging friends... TOGETHER we can educate and spread our testimony about family and marriage between a man and a woman!

Please take a moment to watch this from our church...http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/ They said last night that "this will not be limited to California; as it's powerful influence will be felt across the country." THANKS and LOVE YA!

lrbodine said...

I love that both have "Elly's" although I spell mine with the ie at the end. Makes me homesick seeing those pictures!