Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Disney on Ice!

Disney on Ice is touring right now with a princess show so we couldn't pass it up! We went with our good friends Carly and Addie and had a GREAT time.

Elly actually spent the entire morning telling me "I'm not going. Mommy, you can go by yourself." We actually had to bribe her to get in the car! FOR A PRINCESS SHOW!!! I was pretty bummed that she wasn't as excited as me, but as soon as we stopped for treats to hide in my bag she was game. She had refused to put on her princess dress, but once we got to the stadium she changed her mind and proudly strutted around in it the rest of the day!

Elly was a little scared by some fireworks at the beginning, but then sat transfixed by the rest of the show. When Cinderella made her appearance Elly about lost it. She is her favorite. She exclaimed "She has the same dress as me!" She would clap and press her hands to her cheeks and clap some more. She kept telling me "She's so beautiful!" Forgive the blurry picture, that security guard did his best. Here we all are before the show. I think it was just about as much fun for Carly and I as it was for the girls!
Taking my princess to the princess show was priceless. I'm so happy/relieved that she loved it just as much as I'd hoped!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Ahh Elly! You're so darling! Sounds like such a great time for Mom & daughter. Glad she finally agreed to go!

Katie Lady said...

Sounds like fun. She looks so adorable in the princess dress! And you look gorgeous of course!

Janae May said...

You two are adorable! What a fun thing for you to do for Elly! I'm so glad she liked it after all :)

samandpeteVDP said...

Ha!I love how she definitely has her own mind! Just like her Mommy! ;) She is precious, and WAY cuter than the real Cinderella! fun times:)