Saturday, December 12, 2009

Mom went to the hospital last night at about 8:30 PM because she had a mild seizure episode (not sure how any type of seizure can be MILD...). The hospital did an MRI which showed little and watched Mom for a while and then released her at 6:30 AM this morning. On the drive home she had another seizure in the car and so my Dad rushed her back to the hospital and they have now admitted her.

Mom is not in ICU, but a regular room for a change and they will be consulting with her oncologist in Seattle today. Her surgeon has seen her MRI and doesn't think it is anything surgical. They really don't have a lot of answers yet, but Mom is talking and moving well. Unlike last time, she is alert and has strength, etc. so those are good signs. They think it may be a side effect of the new chemo she is doing.

I wish I didn't have to write these posts. It really stinks and I'd rather keep it to myself, but we really need your prayers so here I am asking again. Thanks everyone.

6 comments:

Uffens Family said...

I am so sorry Amy! You are in our prayers always!

Carly said...

I wish you didn't have to write this either. I'm so sorry! We're praying for her and you.

Michelle said...

Amy, I don't know if you remember me. I remember seeing you a little at seminary and around Curtis and maybe even BYU. I found your blog from Michelle (Eastley) Dalton's. I am so sorry about your mom. I hope they are able to figure things out. We'll keep your family in our prayers.

-Michelle (McClellan) Boyd

Amy O'Neill said...

Amy, your family and your mom will be in our prayers.

hairprincess said...

Oh man so sorry to hear about that, I am so glad you got to hang out with all your family for Thanksgiving that was so fun! I hope your mom is doing well and we def have her and you guys in our prayers! Love ya!:)

Janelle said...

Amy, I am so glad you found my blog. I had just heard about your mom from my mom, and was wondering how to find you. I am so sorry that she is sick, and hope that things are going well with her treatments now. She (and all of your family) are surely in our prayers. You have beautiful children, and I LOVE all the work you did on your home.