Today is one of those easy breezy days and it is apparent to me that I need more to occupy my time while my children sleep (at least I need to take more initiative) because these are the things I've been pondering the last hour:
Tissues with lotion are the devil. They disguise themselves in packaging promising comfort and relief from running, drippy noses and they slowly suck you in as you feel their soft exterior, but when it comes to any real pay off they are duds! In fact, they do the opposite of what they promise. Let's think this through....lotion is made with oils and oils are resistant to water. My snot right now must be 99.9% water and because the lovely tissue company has soaked my tissue in basically OIL and promised me it would help (and I blindly believed) I am wiping and blowing my nose and wondering why my nose is still full of snot and my tissue is basically dry. It has had the opposite effect of its intended use: rather than making my nose nice and comfortable with its softness, it is has made my nose red and irritated b/c I have to wipe a million times just to get the snot out of there! Give me the regular, cardboard feeling tissues any day.
Mayday! (is that how to spell it? this is now what will occupy my mind for the next hour!) Back to my Mayday! There is a breach in the security system I call my doors and windows. Somehow flies have become our inside guest today! I haven't even been outside today and only Andrew has opened one door to leave and that's it. Could he possibly have let 6 flies in with one swoop of the door? Well, that's how many I've killed today. Fly count yesterday: ZERO...then a big storm last night and the fly count today is at SIX already! Those buggers (hehe) are getting on my last nerve.
Finally, one good thing for today so you know that I'm actually in a great mood. I LOVE LOVE LOVE toasted hamburger buns I've decided. That's why In & Out has an edge I'm convinced, because they have an authentic "crunch" in the bun that only comes from real toasting. Most other fast food buns look toasted, but I believe it's a brown paint of some kind they put on there...because soggy city! It's an art too b/c it's super easy to burn those buns! I realized my strong attachment to toasted buns while enjoying for lunch the leftovers of last night's dinner...SLOPPY JOES (shout out to Better Homes and Gardens recipe with peppers and onions, etc...it was delicious! nothing like the soupy mess I remember from long ago.) I threw my bun under the broiler while reheating the meat and it came out golden and crispy with the butter still slightly bubbling on the top...sighhhhhhhhhh.
3 comments:
Yum! that makes me hungry. At least you're only dealing with flies, we've got crickets and spiders here. And what are you talking about having too much extra time?? Can't keep up with kids, laundry, messes over here. I guess I need some tips.
your ponderings are completely normal. the other day i bought some soap not realizing it was glycerine soap. nick has nitro powered rc cars and i was thinking to myself, i have to keep the soap away from the nitro or it will make nitroglycerine and explode! though i know it wont happen it was just a silly thought. oh and i dont like in-n-out anymore. natural cut fresh fries, vegetable oil intead of shortening, fresh tomatoes and open farm raised beef.... and american cheese (made mostly with oil and water- ick) :D haha sorry i ruined your ponderings. ponder on my friend.
Too much time while they're napping? What would that be like?! I usually have to choose between food, sleep, and a shower...but I can only have one. I agree with you on the toasted buns--they're the best! I also like my hot dog buns toasted, too.
Post a Comment