Our big boy is ONE (on June 10)! Who would believe it's been a year since he was born!? He is such a joy and sunshine in our home. Our little "buddy" is walking and talking and making us laugh all the time! He says "dada" (of course!), "mama" (if he's in the mood), uh oh, no no and goo goo gaa gaa! :) He's been walking for about a month now and has that great new walking toddle down. He thinks he is a complete big boy now so don't try to leave him out of anything!

We had cupcakes on his actual birthday so he could get some cake practice in before his party the following Saturday. It turns out he didn't need the practice b/c he dove right in and jammed the entire thing in his mouth, up his nose, all over his shirt. It was impressive and he was pretty happy about the whole thing.

Grandpa Williams came to visit for all the festivities we had last weekend. The kids LOVED having Grandpa around and are missing him pretty bad right now. Grandpa took Elly to the Build-a-Bear Workshop where she picked out none other than...a FLAMINGO! The pinkest thing in the store and she accessorized it in the pinkest things possible! She made me so proud when she said "first we need shoes!" :) She put a giggle in her and a heart, gave her a bath, named her and got to pick out all her bows and clothes. She was in heaven. Introducing....Fanny the Flamingo (or Mingo as Elly likes to call her).

Elly had her dance recital last Friday and I have to admit that dress rehearsal didn't go great. The kids kinda didn't know what to do out on that big stage so I was pretty nervous that "statue Elly" might return. I was totally wrong though! Elly did AMAZING! She knew all the moves and was the absolute cutest thing on that stage if you ask me! She was so brave with absolutely no sign of stage fright at all. I was so super proud, I couldn't stop smiling! She even got a trophy, which she is pretty darn excited about.

Here are the cheesing proud parents! This was the first time we've had the performing child experience and it was such a roller coaster of nervousness and then overwhelming happiness and pride. Elly is blossoming into the sweetest little girl!

Owen had a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse birthday party this last Saturday and I got all these great printable decorations on their website. The banner was my favorite so here's a pic.

The mouse-ear hats were another fav. Don't you think Owen is SUPER excited to be wearing it?

Cake take two was just as good. He grabbed the cake, smashed it to his face and didn't release until the entire thing had been sucked into his chubby little cheeks. It was awesome.

Ugh...I think I had too much cake.

Owen rarely sits still, but here he is under Grandpa's spell as he reads him a story. So sweet! PS. I know Owen needs a hair cut really super bad and I'm working on it. I really am.

Although Daddy is reading Elly a story here, her favorite new thing is for us to TELL her stories. Made up stories about a princess named Elly are her favorite :)

Does this say "Mr. Cute" or what!? This was one of those amazing moments when you capture the perfect smile and perfect pose at the exact right moment. I love it. I could stare at it all day. I don't though. Promise.
6 comments:
dont you just love those recitals! she looks adorable
LOVE that last picture! So cute. Awesome flamingo, too! I bet Elly would do awesome at swim lessons.
So cute I love all the updates, I am seriously wanting to go to any dance things Elly has that would be so cute! He is so sweet what a fun bday party he had! I love that last pic!:)
Oh those kids are TOO CUTE!!! Love that Elly you with her moves! I can TOTALLY relate on just being so happy and excited for them!! Glad you had your dad in town and he got a dose of those adorable kiddos
Seriously, when did our babies grow up! This year has flown by! I love that last picture of Owen - just chillin' - so cute! And Elly - oh my gosh! What a little princess! It gets me so excited for Halle to join the world of dance and princesses and everything!
I'm glad your dad was able to come spend time with you and your little ones. That's perfect!
Post a Comment