Sunday, November 1, 2009

We did it!

After an hour of coaxing and crying over Winnie the Pooh a week ago, I decided that Halloween was not about torture, but about fun! So I went out and got Elly a Dora the Explorer costume. Although she was initially skeptical, her love of Dora won out and she proudly sported her entire costume both Friday for the trunk or treat and Saturday for the real thing. Owen got to be the cutest Boots the Monkey I've ever seen and I made Andrew and I these nerdy t-shirts just for fun! Halloween turned into a huge success! As Dora would say, "We did it!"

Proof that Elly was a happy Dora!

This is a good view of her back pack. She put her stuffed monkey inside and I put red socks on him to look like boots. The back pack didn't come with a map so we rolled up some paper and viola!

Owen was pretty darn happy about being a Monkey. I love this little boy's smile!

I had to post this one last picture. We had our dear friends from Tolleson down for Halloween and were so thrilled they could all make it. We had a fun and busy house that night and I don't know if it was the kids or the adults who were having more fun. The only sad thing about our move is missing these wonderful friends! We are missing two little ones in this picture and there is one more on the way, but look at how cute these trick or treaters are!

2 comments:

hairprincess said...

so cute meg is loving the pics she is obsessed with Dora LOL

Amy O'Neill said...

Glad you were able to get her in a costume for Halloween!! Love all your costumes... looks like a great Halloween!