Tuesday, November 3, 2009

To All Those Who Pray

My mom went to the hospital today because she has been having a lot of pain and extreme fatigue. Today she couldn't get out of bed on her own so Jon and Dad took her to the hospital where they did an MRI and found that there is a lot of swelling of the brain. The scar tissue and/or tumor are putting pressure on the brain....the short version of the story is that she needs a second craniotomy tomorrow at about 12 noon. They are going to be more aggressive this time and try and take out most or all of the tumor and any scar tissue left by the radiation. They say everything is very close to the surface, which gives them confidence, but who wants to go through TWO brain surgeries in one lifetime? So please pray for my Mom and Dad that they'll be strong and also that the Doctors will be successful. Thank you everyone for your love and prayers. We really need them.

7 comments:

Uffens Family said...

Oh Amy, I am so so sorry. I love your parents and of course they will continue to by in my prayers...you too...I know it is hard to be so far away.

Lisa said...

We love you guys, Amy! Your whole family will certainly be in our thoughts and prayers today. Poor Chris, I can't imagine what he must be going through, so far away from everything.

Crystal and Billy said...

Keep the Spirit near and you'll have everything you need to make it through. You can bet there are numerous angels on the other side looking over you, your mom, and your family today - and always.

Kandice and Rob said...

Definitely praying for your whole family today.

lrbodine said...

Your family will definitely be in my prayers - especially since your situation sits a little too close to home for me. And if you need anything - you know I'm really not too far away!

Kjerstine said...

Amy- this is so random and I dont know if you even will remember me, [Kjerstine Phillips] but your dad and mom were so sweet and helpful when my mom was in the hospital for quad-bypass heart surgery 2 years ago and your dad gave my mom a blessing. i just wanted to say that they are in my thoughts, prayers and i hope she comes out of surgery with great healing.
I'm sorry for the stress that a parent being sicks causes on anyone and everyone.
♥

Life for the Pillings said...

Oh Amy, I am so sorry for your mother and for your family. I hope all went well with the surgery. My heart, wishes and prayers go out to you guys.