Saturday, June 21, 2008

First Big Kid Swim


"The Jelly" (as I lovingly call her) had her first BIG KID swim today! Up until now she has only braved the 6" deep 3' around pool in our back yard, but today she jumped right into Grandma and Grandpa Bang's big kid pool.















She had a great time and didn't mind getting wet at all. She loved to splash and even did a little jumping from the steps into our arms. She did experience a minor "dunk" at one point which completely startled her, but not a wimper or a tear was shed. She's a natural!









She got a little chilly towards the end so we hopped out and cuddled up. I didn't mind that part one bit! Who can resist that tiny face?

11 comments:

Kandice and Rob said...

She's so cute! I bet she doesn't weigh anything at all in the water.

S+S said...

She's such a cutie! I like the jelly nickname!

The Burnah Clan said...

Cute! She's sure looking very Bang these days!

Franna and Jon Larsen said...

Look at those snuggles. What could be better? Isn't swimming great! We took a mommy and me class and it was a blast!

hillari said...

What a sweetie! She's so brave. :)

Brandi Jo said...

How fun... swimming with the BIG KIDS! Your blog is cute... I linked you up! :-) She is such a cutie! I was admiring her little blue bow in her hair on Sunday. I so wish I could buy cute little bows... maybe someday... right? :-)

Anonymous said...

Very cute site! I am excited to keep up with everyone.

Noelle said...

she is so adorable.

Ginger and Gregg said...

What a cutie! I haven't been good at keeping up on blogging and I can't believe how big she is getting. I also saw your post from camp, I am jealous- camp is so fun! Do you remember "watermelon, watermelon, watermelon..."? Good times.

Uffens Family said...

Amy!! I am so glad you left a message! So fun to see your blog and I will be adding you to our list for frequent checks! Your baby, who is not so much a baby anymore, is beautiful...just like her mom! So fun to see your family...and glad to see you are staying cool in that weather...I am a wimp...thus why I am in WA :)
Love Rach

The Bergesons said...

Amy it was so fun to hear from you! Elly is beautiful! I dont know how you survive the heat--but I am glad you are happy and doing well. Thanks for commenting!Britt