Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Scary Story
Our house was broken into yesterday! Sad huh? We were only gone from the house about an hour when Andrew came to trade the baby with me at work. Evelyn and I arrived at the house and didn't notice anything wrong. (Actually, it was a bit messy, so I said aloud to Evelyn "It looks like we've been robbed!" crazy huh?) We went about playing just in the kitchen/family room area of our house. I left Evelyn in the family room to use the restroom and then when I came back she was a little fussy so I took her into the bathroom (she LOVES the bathroom). Right when I took her in there I heard a loud BANG and came running out to see what the noise was. I immediately noticed that our family room window was broken. I thought a bird had flown into it, but when I got closer I noticed the screen was missing and the window was actually open. I ran around to the front door and noticed it was unlocked. I obviously wasn't paying much attention when I got home because I hadn't noticed any of this before. Well needless to say I freaked out b/c I thought the burglar had been in the house with us and the slam of the door was him finally leaving, but when the police came they reminded me that the door was likely left open when the burglar ran out. The more likely scenario is that he ran out when he heard us come home. It was a really windy day and the door slamming shut later makes a lot of sense. I know this is a long story, but there were two things I really wanted to say. One, the Lord definitely protected Evelyn and I and I am SO THANKFUL for that. Two, it took the burglar a long time to get into our house b/c we took some simple precautions like putting a wood plank in the track of our sliding glass door. (He tried to get in at 3 different places before he finally got in. ) The only thing we've noticed missing is our digital camera which was sitting out right where he got in. It's likely Evelyn and I got home just as he'd finally entered. So, my point is that the Lord is always watching over us. And also, doing a few things to protect your home (and being aware of your surroundings) can really make a difference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Wow Amy, how scary! But I'm so glad that you are ok!
Amy! I am SOOOO happy you are OK! HOW SCARY! That is my nightmare. The Lord really does take care of us. He is our personal Security system. But that does make me, even more now, want to install a security system when I get a house.
I LOVE YOU
That is so scary... I am glad you guys are okay. Let me know if you need anything at all.
Oh, my gosh Amy. That is soooo scary!! I am so Thankful that the robber just left and left you guys alone. I will have to make sure to implement some of those ideas you had.
What a scary ordeal! I am glad you guys are safe. I definately need to make my house harder to get into...
wow, scary. I just had a friend in Gilbert who also had her home broken into...scary!
Wow! That is so scary! I'm so glad you and your sweet little girl are okay. Thanks for the safety reminders!
I'm so sorry that happened to you guys!! I'm glad you're OK.
I'm so sorry! I can only imagine how scary that is. Like you say, you were definetely being watched over!
I'm so sorry! I can only imagine how scary that is. Like you say, you were definetely being watched over!
Post a Comment