More fun in cookie making including what the cookies looked like ready to go into the oven...not bad :)
Lest you think we excluded Owen completely from the fun, here is photographic evidence that he was present. Not that he got to do much helping or tasting, but he was a great supervisor.
While we waited for the cookies to bake and cool, we made a hop scotch game! We colored Dora pictures (of course Dora) and taped them to folders which we then stuck to the ground...viola! I have to admit, we all had a lot of fun jumping around on this.
Andrew gave Elly lessons in hopping on one foot. I was surprised at how well she picked it up. Maybe it's those dance lessons paying off in other areas too??
Then it was time to frost and taste. Don't let Elly's face lead you to believe anything less than she LOVED the cookies and gobbled up quite a few.
Friday, February 19, 2010
NYE 2010
I think congratulations to me are in order since I am finally blogging about the year in which we are actually living. We rang in 2010 quietly as a family b/c we decided we'd been traveling too many places and had plenty of excitement over the last couple months. I have to say, it was one of the best NYE's I've had in a while (although last year was really fun too...maybe I blogged about it last year? I'll have to go back & check). ANYWHO, I wanted to make it a fun night and plan activities that we could all do together. So first on the agenda was sugar cookies!
Elly loved rolling and patting and cutting out and tasting the dough. She really had a lot of fun, but I think her favorite part was wearing the apron. It was like a strapless dress on her (only not) and she looked SO CUTE (as Elly would say. lately everything is "SO CUTE!" to Elly...especially when she sees herself in the mirror "Oh! SO CUTE!" haha). 

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, how did she get frosting up by her eye!? The cookies look awesome, and sounds like a fun night! Elly is SO CUTE, I can't believe she says that!
So cute! It looks like you had the perfect night!
What a fun time! I still can't believe you are in our old ward. Terra was up here this weekend and I got to see her. She told me she was your visiting teacher...what a small world!
Post a Comment